Sunday, February 19, 2023

Award winning PTDF Statement of Purpose




 I have always been intrigued in the field of science and Engineering, especially with regards to the Oil and gas industry. Eventually, I chose to study Petroleum Engineering at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi, Nigeria.


My undergraduate studies in Petroleum Engineering introduced me to several subject matters all revolving around the environment, from exploration down to the transportation and storage of refined petroleum products.

I had the rare privileged to undergo a six-month internship program in TOTAL E & P Nigeria LTD within the Geosciences and Reservoir Engineering Department (Field Development Plan), where I was exposed to various technical aspects of the upstream Oil and Gas value chain.

I was able to learn with respect to Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics and Reservoir Engineering studies aid to the exploration, development and production of crude oil.

HSE Culture- Exposed to periodically to training sessions, seminar and meetings as in the culture of TOTAL E&P Worldwide as the utmost importance of safety cannot be over emphasized in the Oil and Gas industry.

Am currently working as a Process Engineer (company name), a greenfield project under construction. Having undergone a series of training on detailed and designed Engineering (Training institute name) as well as Field operation training on plant control.

My short-term objective is to obtain a Master’s degree in Process Engineering and Energy Technology, which is a rapidly evolving field with an immense potential for research and development. 

Knowing full well that Field of the study presents numerous solutions to a host of the Engineering challenges, I am confident that enrolling for a Master’s Program is a major step in the right direction. Through the Master’s program, I hope to gain a better understanding of Engineering issues and how to apply modern technologies and techniques for a better Nigeria and a better environment at large. 

My plans immediately after completing the course is to be put into practical use, science and technology for a cleaner and greener environment. I want to be able to make tangible impact on the future of Engineering and Environment. I hope to build on this in the future and develop into a skilled Oil and Gas professional adding value to the society at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment